Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pointless Post #14-- The Grass is Always Greener


I cannot believe Easter is only a week away. It's so late in the season this year, and it still managed to sneak up on me!

I wanted to share a quick tip that I learned about 4 years ago. We can't have plastic Easter grass in our house because my cat will eat it. I can't say that I am terribly sad about this fact because if I remember correctly it always seemed to linger around for month after the holiday.

I started making my own Easter grass. It's cheap and "green"---even if it's not green :) All you need is your paper shredder and colored paper--I use construction paper because we always have a ton of it. I buy the big package of construction paper from Sam's club and it seems to last us about two years.

Anyway, all you have to do is shred your paper and then crinkle it up. I found that for an average basket I use about three sheets. It's fun, cheap, colorful, safe for your pets and environmentally friendly--you can't get much better than that! I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

1 comment: