Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pointless Post #12-- Pot Drumming


The other day my oldest daughter was upset because we DID NOT go to Best Buy. There is a Best Buy in our area that sells musical instruments. My daughter LOVES to go in and play the electric drums. She was in tears when we told her we didn't have time.

When we came home I told her we would make a drum when she got up from her nap. She then informed me that she wanted to make a lot of different drums with different sounds. As she was napping, I thought of different ways to make drums-- But then, a cartoon light bulb went off in my head-- I remembered the old saying "banging on pots and pans". Well, I just have to say---THIS WORKS GREAT! She was soooo happy to bang on the pots and hear all of their different sounds. I also gave her the lids as the cymbals. She was convinced that she was playing "The Cat in the Hat" theme song from PBS Kids

She had so much fun, and the best part, I was able to put everything back in the cupboards and there was no mess. Don't get me wrong, I love doing crafts with the kids, but sometimes it is nice to do something that doesn't require a lot of clean up.

Warning: This activity is very LOUD

No comments:

Post a Comment